Couple of day’s ago, Tech Geek and More posted about the Final 48 Hrs for Yahoo Messenger. The post went over parts of the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about the pending demise of one of the original instant messenger clients on the web. Well this post is a follow-up, as Yahoo Messenger – It’s Over. In the words of Doc McCoy on Star Trek “It’s Dead Jim”. Today’s post will go over what happens if you try to use Yahoo Messenger now.
What If You Try To Use The App
For those who still have the Yahoo Messenger App installed, if you try to open the app you will see the Yahoo Help Page instead of the Messenger log in.
What If You Go To Yahoo Mail To Access Messenger
Another way you could access Yahoo Messenger was to go into your Yahoo Mail and you would find an icon link there. That link is now gone.
What If You Go To The Yahoo Messenger Website
And lastly, what if you try to access the Yahoo Messenger website? Well that trip will be redirected back to the Yahoo Help Page.
At this point, if you want to keep your memories of your Yahoo Messenger chat’s, remember to request a copy of all your chats.
Requesting Your Yahoo IM Chat
- If you are interested in downloading your chat history from Yahoo IM, you can do that until the end of November 2018. Use the following steps to download your chat history.
- Go to the downloader request site.
- Sign in.
- Select a verification method, then enter the Account Key sent to you.
- Click Download.
- Enter the email where you want the file sent and click OK.
- Watch your email for the file.
All we can say is Rest In Peace Yahoo Messenger.
- Yahoo – Yahoo Messenger Shutdown FAQ