Heads up Xbox 360 owners, per a post on the Xbox support site, as of May 18, 2018 the Xbox 360 SmartGlass App is being retired. Per Microsoft, Xbox 360 users will need to either move to the Xbox app for iOS, Android, Windows 10 mobile, Windows 10 or use the Xbox 360 console itself.
The Xbox 360 SmartGlass was presented its product features as
- Letting you use your smartphone, tablet keyboard to type on your Xbox 360. Makes it easier than trying to type using the Xbox controller.
- Letting you play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music. Again just makes it easier to control your media compared to the Xbox 360 controller.
- Some games had additional features where they would interact with the SmartGlass app.
- Track you achievements, and have a central location to share your achievements with your friends on Xbox.
Note: There is an Xbox One SmartGlass app and an Xbox 360 SmartGlass app. Only the 360 SmartGlass app is being retired.
From the FAQ posted on Xbox’s support page
- Xbox 360 SmartGlass App Retirement Announcement – Xbox Support