Making Sure Google Chrome Is On Latest Version
Google Chrome has been the more prominent of the internet web browsers for many years now. Google makes sure to release updates regularly to try and keep the browser running properly. These updates also protect the browser from any known exploits that the bad guys are trying to use online. However, Google Chrome may not always update on its own. Today’s post will explain how to check and how to update Chrome is needed.
Where Is My Google Chrome Update
Under normal circumstances, you should not have to worry about a Google Chrome update. Chrome is designed with an auto-update feature that will update the browser when they close the browser or reboot the computer. Some people rarely reboot or close the browser. The “I just shut the lid” user
because it would be too much trouble to close and reopen all 30+ tabs they have open on the browser. If this is is you or someone you know, then you may not have the latest version of Google Chrome. So how do you know if your copy of Google Chrome has been updated to the latest version?
Updating Google Chrome
The way to update Chrome varies between Computer, iOS Devices, and Android Devices. The following steps will show you how to update for each.
- Computer Update
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, look for the icon.
- If an update is pending, it will show next to theicon and will be colored:
- Green: An update was released less than 2 days ago.
- Orange: An update was released about 4 days ago.
- Red: An update was released at least a week ago.
If an update to Google Chrome is pending:
- Click the Update button on the top right of Google Chrome.
- Click Relaunch.
Important: If you can’t find the update button, you’re on the latest version.
- iOS Update (iPhone / iPad)
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the app store.
- At the top right, tap Profile .
- Scroll down to ‘Available Updates’, and search for Chrome .
- Find Chrome on the list, tap Update to install.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.
- Android Update
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store app .
- At the top left, tap Menu My apps & games.
- Under ‘Updates’, find Chrome .
- Next to Chrome, tap Update.
As much as it may not be convenient to reboot your device, you really should reboot regularly. At least once a week, at minimum. Reboots allow for old files and applications to close properly, cause the system memory to clear which will make the computer run faster, and allow for updates.