For the gamer out there, Xbox One has a new update available. Microsoft has released its latest update, 19041.1927 to the general public. Today’s post will go over the update. Xbox One Update Released (April 2020)
The update for the Xbox One, is considered the semi-annual feature update. So what is new with this update?
Xbox One Version 19041.1927
The release notes speak of 2 changes / feature updates for this version.
- Update to My Games & Updates – Adding A Surprise Me Button
In the upper-right corner of the MY games & apps section you will see the button listed. The button can also be found by pressing the Menu button on your controller when highlighting the title of a group.
- Improvements In Mixer
According to the Xbox release notes, “Now you can see emotes and subscriber badges in chat, while your Ember messages also get the flare they deserve, with special styling to help them stand out. We’ve also made it easier to access stream settings with just one press of the Menu button on your controller.”
Updating Your Xbox One
To get your Xbox One to update you have 2 choices. You can either wait for the prompt to come up on your screen and select update, but that could be a bit before you get the update, or you can trigger the update yourself. To get the Xbox One to start the update now, follow these steps
- To start, go to the system screen and select settings
- On the settings screen, go to the system setting and select updates and downloads
- Now on the Updates & downloads screen, select update console
- Next step will actually start the update. On the Update time! screen select Start update
- Now you just have to wait for the update to complete. You will see the Almost there… message while the update is running.
- With a 100mb internet service, and the Xbox One connected to wifi, the update took about 20 minutes to complete. The update was 832 MB in size. Once complete, your Xbox One will be on version 10.0.19041.1927
- Microsoft – What’s New: Xbox One Systems Update page
Xbox One Update Released (April 2020)