Apple has a service program for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro devices that have no sound in the receiver.
For the most part, iPhone hardware has had very little in the form of issues. However, it seems with iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro that may not be the case. Apple has a service program for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro devices that have no sound in the receiver. Today’s post will go over the details. iPhone 12 owners with no sound issues
About The No Sound Issue Service Program
According to Apple
Apple has determined that a very small percentage of iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro devices may experience sound issues due to a component that might fail on the receiver module. Affected devices were manufactured between October 2020 and April 2021.
So if all of a sudden you can’t hear anything coming from the receiver, you may have one of the affected handsets. That is why Apple has started the No Sound Issue Service Program for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
To Get service you should find
- an Apple Authorized Service Provider
- make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store
- or contact Apple Support online to arrange for mail-in service
Things To Know Before Getting Service
A couple of things to keep in mind before getting service on your phone
- BACK UP YOUR DEVICE. You want to make sure that everything is backed up to iCloud or your laptop. Someone will be taking your device and there is a good probability that it will be wiped clean and reformatted as part of the repair process.
- FIX YOUR DEVICE OF OTHER ISSUES. If your device has a cracked screen then you will need to repair that 1st, at your cost, before Apple will take the phone in for the No Sound Service Program.
- YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PHONE FOR A BIT. This is NOT a trade-in program, Apple won’t just be taking your phone and handing you another phone. They will take your phone and repair it and then give it back to you. This means you could lose your phone from a few days to over a week, depending on what service arrangements you make, so make arrangements. You could do something like have your calls forwarded to another number via your provider.
- NOT ALL iPHONE 12 MODELS AFFECTED. If you own the iPhone 12 mini or the iPhone 12 Pro Max, then you are NOT affected by this issue or included on this service plan.
- IT DOESN’T EXTEND THE WARRANTY. Your original warranty time still holds true. This service program is specifically to repair the 1 sound issue. It does not extend any existing warranty on the overall products in question.
- THE SERVICE PROGRAM COVERAGE. The service program itself covers affected iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro devices for 2 years after the initial retail sale of the unit.
iPhone 12 owners with no sound issues