This week I came across an error with Amazon, while trying to launch the Amazon App Store. I received an error message concerning the “License Limit Reached”. The error happened after installing the Amazon App Store on a new device, when trying to log in. The messaged seen (as shown below) said that I had “exceeded the limit on the number of devices that can read this item.” The following steps can be used to Fix the Amazon License Reached error. Fix For Amazon License Limit Error
So you receive the message, what do you do now? Well the fix is rather easy, but you will need to access your Amazon account via a webpage.
- Go to in a web browser.
- If you aren’t already signed in, do so.
- Click on the “Your Account” menu.
- Select “Manage Your Content and Devices”
- In the screen that pops up, select “Your Devices” on the subnav
- Deregister any old devices that you no longer use. Old Kindles, old smart phones, and old tablets may still be associated with your account.
Once that is done, relaunch the app and it should open just fine.