If you have purchased a laptop recently, you realize that most only come with 1, maybe 2 (if lucky) USB-C ports. If you have a need for regular USB, HDMI, or anything else, you need to purchase an adapter or in many cases adapters. Today’s post is a review of the UNI USB-C Hub that is on the Tech Geek and More must have list. Review: UNI USB-C HUB
The smaller connector that you get with USB-C features a shape that’s reversible, so you’ll no longer have to flip the connector around a minimum of three times looking for the correct orientation. USB-C cables can carry significantly more power, so they can be used to charge larger devices like laptops. They also offer up to double the transfer speed of USB 3 at 10 Gbps. Since most devices now only include 1 or 2 USB-C ports there are 100’s of adapter choices.
If you look online you will find pages and pages of different USB-C adapters, priced from a couple of dollars to over $100.
Today’s post is covering a specific adapter, the UNI USB-C adapter. The UNI 6 in 1 hub gives you HDMI, SD Card, Micro SD Card, 2 USB 3 slots, and a USB-C slot.
The adapter is compatible with (below is a partial list)
Laptops & Tablets:
- MacBook Pro (Late 2016) and newer; iPad Pro (3rd generation);
- iMac (Mid 2017) and newer; iMac Pro; Mac Mini (Late 2018) and newer; MacBook Air (Late 2018) and newer; MacBook (Early 2015) and newer
- Microsoft Surface Book, Surface Go and Surface Laptop; Chromebook Pixel (2015); Google Pixelbook; Google Pixel Slate; Dell XPS 13/15
- Spectre x360; HP EliteBook Folio G1/ 830; Elitebook x360 13; Spectre 13; Envy 13 x360 (2019, 2018)
- Samsung Galaxy S20/ S20+/ S20 Ultra/ S10/ S10+/ S10e/ S9/ S9+/ Note 9/ S8/ S8+/ Note 8
And for the price of $32.99, the UNI USB-C hub is half of the Apple adapter and has a 4 1/2 star (out of 5) rating.
If you are in need of a handy USB-C adapter, without wanting to spend a lot of money, check out the UNI 6 in 1 Hub, that can be ordered via AMAZON. This adapter is used by Tech Geek and More, and this post is being made because we like the UNI device. This is not a sponsored post.
- Amazon – UNI USB-C 6 in 1 hub