About A Shared Email Mailbox
Keep in mind, if you are reading this and wondering about your personal @outlook, @yahoo, or @gmail email, they don’t offer shared mailboxes as part of your benefits. Shared email mailboxes are something that is offered and available as part of business email accounts and will be accounts that end with @yourbusinessname. The basic goal of a shared email account is to allow a group of people to have access to and monitor a specific public email account without the need for a direct log-in.
Adding A Shared Mailbox To Outlook In Windows
To manually add the shared mailbox to Outlook in Windows:
- Open Outlook.
- Choose the File tab in the ribbon.
- Choose Account Settings, then select Account Settings from the menu.
- Select the Email tab.
- Make sure the correct account is highlighted, then choose Change.
- Choose More Settings
- Now select the Advanced tab > select Add.
- Type the shared email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose OK > OK.
- Choose Next > Finish > Close.
At that point, if you added it correctly, the shared email will appear in the advance tab, under “Open these additional mailboxes”.
Add Shared Mailbox Outlook For Windows
- Microsoft – Open and use a shared mailbox